Tuesday, February 8, 2011

How this all started...

So there I was, 24 years old and working a salary paying job with benefits, going to grad school, and living in my nice two bedroom apartment in an old house above a relatively quiet old couple.... when I had a fantastic idea... Even though it took me about a year to recover from loosing my old job, I decided that it would be brilliant to quit my new job, drop out of school (of which it was somewhat difficult to get into, and paid in full out of pocket), find someone last minute to fill the apartment, and move home with my parents all in an attempt to open my own store. This store would sell some of my own artwork as well as local, made on cape glass art. Somehow I got it in my head that this process would be done in a matter of weeks and I would be a mega successful ass-kicking glass artist over night. Silly me. Anywho, now I am living at home, and working part time in my sisters yarn store. I like my job a lot, and I get to fill up my free time with all the things I've been saying I want to do for some time now, but it is definitely not where I used to be. I don't really tell people about my job with as much pride as I used to but its ok cause its the road to my dreams right? Right... well thats what I tell myself anyways... Someday! In the meantime interesting things happen being 24 years old and living with my parents. For starters dating is definitely not as easy as it had been those three glorious years I had taken for granted living on my own. Well after this rant you are probably thinking "Oh great... another blog about someone bitching about how awful their life is". Definitely not; although things have changed a lot I am taking it all in stride, doing things to make me happy (not someone else), and enjoying some of the hilarious conversations that occur between me and my mother.... Sort of a "Sh!t my mom says" kind of feeling...

No comments:

Post a Comment