Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"speed goes... down....?"

I am still at the run until I die, walk until I am less dying, stage of getting my body used to running. I am thoroughly convinced that some people just are not made to be runners and I am one of them, but that lovely high you get after keeps me coming back for more.  Since most days it takes a lot of convincing myself into returning for another day of humiliation I am usually stuck with one of the older treadmills which, (and this is kind of important) means it takes a certain amount of force to change whatever it is you have entered into the little screen.
After my warm up I am usually feeling so good and confident that I get a little crazy with the increase speed button to switch over to running...
Anywhere between 5 and 10 minutes depending on the day, is about when I feel like I am going to collapse and get sucked into the belt like a looney toons cartoon... so of course I want to change the speed and I want to change it now, and this is where the treadmill usually decides that it hates me because the interaction of asking it to slow down goes a little something like this
"speed go down, now thanks"
.....
"ummm speed go down?"
.......
"SPEED DOWN NOW" *Frantic pushing of buttons*
......
*Death*
The poor people on the treadmill next to me have been traumatized by witnessing my death by treadmill and are thankful that it will never happen again.... until I scrape myself off the belt and return tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment