Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Irrational fear #21

I don't know where this intense hatred started, or what traumatic event triggered it, but I really, REALLY dislike bicycles.
First off, I don't know where bike riders got their information, but "share the road" does not mean that they can swerve wherever they damn well please and hope us motorists wait patiently for them to get the hell out of the way. Sometimes I think bike riders are more dangerous than some drivers. In fact I was passenger in a car that was once hit by a bike rider... true story...
Anywho, back to my irrational fears... I am terrified of riding a bike, and if I for some reason ever loose my license, I refuse to make a bike my main mode of transportation. I know there are people like me out there driving down the road all happy as a clam when they happen upon a bicyclist and it takes all the will power in the world not to run them over. They may even jerk the wheel a little. So next time your riding your bike down the road, and you notice some cars swerving around a bit, its not because they are trying to avoid you. Its because it takes every fiber of their being not to run you down. We're out there, be afraid, be very afraid 

No comments:

Post a Comment