Monday, June 13, 2011

Dunkin Donuts cups of insanity

I am not entirely sure when this whole thing started, but for some reason, my mother has a compulsive need to save dunkin' donuts cups. Plastic or Styrofoam it doesn't matter, every now and then a new one gets stashed away in the cabinets. She also saves the lids..... and the straws....

This drives me insane.

She even has a stash of Styrofoam cups at the store. One day I found part of the stash behind the counter, so I consolidated it to the back room, in two giant towers of cups. Two minutes after she walked into the store "Where are my cups!". Damn spidey sens..

Sometimes I try to throw one away when shes not looking to eat away at the stash and another one magically appears. Literally, I don't know where they came from. We only get Dunks now if were going out of town or something, so seriously... they must be breeding to keep their rebel numbers strong in the fight against me.

I've decided that shes crazy and I should let it go and just secretly hate it... like about 45 other things that she does that I don't think I will EVER understand...

And then I started making smoothies in the morning to bring to work so I don't get too hungry. (AWESOME idea, Greek yogurt and fruit and chocolate soy milk...mmmm...) For Christmas I got one of those Starbucks look- a - like plastic reusable stay cold but not sweat everywhere crazy cups in my stocking, so that's what I use for my smoothies. Unfortunately since I am naturally a blonde, if I have to remember more then three things at any given moment, anything extra will most definitely be forgotten about. I need to be one of those kids that has their address, schedule, and emergency contact info stapled to their bag, and their mittens attached via string through their jacket, and probably one of those hats with tie on ear flaps just for good measure....Anyways I left it at work and didn't realize it till I was making the next days smoothie. I had to use one of moms damn dunkin' donuts cups....

I think this made me more angry then the fact that she stashes them away...

No comments:

Post a Comment