Wednesday, August 24, 2011

super long over due updateness

ok so I haven't posted in an extremely long time and I know all of you were "Woe is me, what ever will I do?!" for about .05 seconds and then moved on..
So here's whats been happening in the land of misfit toys...
The house... this damn house... Oh lets live on the beach completely secluded from everyone... yeah not such a super idea when you're here full time... in the summer people are EVERYWHERE on bikes, walking, beaching it up in their not beach ready bodies, and traipsing all over our private break-your-legs-on-the-rock-jetty-and-sue-us beach/front yard/property. Its kind of like someone walking up to your grassy front lawn, plopping down in a beach chair and building a grass castle in the middle of suburbia. In the winter its so freaking windy the water in the toilet bowl has waves... not even exaggerating on that one... I even took a video of it but got too lazy to post it... Basically I could go on forever about how much we don't really enjoy living here... and I shouldn't even be complaining because its a BEACH HOUSE, and a place to live and a roof over my head for free... but that's the American way so I am totally going to complain...
So we put the house on the market three years ago aproximately 30 seconds before it became REALLY hard to sell any house anywhere let alone a really expensive beach house with particularly interesting decor, including but not limited to a gigantic mosaic tile peacock on the first landing of the stairs. So yes, finally, we have finally sold it and the closing was about two weeks ago... so that means we are now renting our own house until we find a new one... I should be super happy that we at least sold it, and I am, I'm totally happy but so very ready to move on.
In other news, I left a real job and a real apartment and mostly real friends, and basically a LIFE to move down here, and open my own store *CRASHBANGBOOM* didn't happen... SO now I am living with my parents, and I finally have a job in a school system as a teachers assistant and I am very excited about this new adventure. I am slightly certain that there will be no one with in my age bracket working at this particular building, but that's ok, I don't care. It's a new start, and new people, new contacts. Every so often I have that OH EM GEE I am totaly in the same exact spot I was this time last year except I was already working in that school system for almost a year... so actually I am further behind... BUT, that's ok. Everything happens for a reason...
Also, I will be starting my masters, and I WILL FINISH! I started last year in a bigger school, in a bigger town, and it was for a different degree, and just felt all wrong. I will be getting my elementary education degree and be licensed to have my own class room and teach kids real things... that will be a whole different ball game... But on a brighter note, this is a smaller program, and way less cliquey (I hope) and I will meet new people and finally get out of whatever worm hole I've fallen into where everyone I know is at least 40 years old...
Totally apologize for this being a gigantic complain snooze fest but I am just so antsy for things to start and be new and exciting that I cant sit still, all I want to do is get ready for my first day at school, which is tonight... so since that's still four hours away... I wrote this instead...

No comments:

Post a Comment